7.13.2010

Smitten

Oh man, why do I do this to myself? I am one of those people that can't stop looking at other people's houses - mostly the ones that are for sale. I waste so much time looking at sites like this one, that my husband has wondered if maybe I shouldn't actually just become a real estate agent. No thanks, I'm just browsing! 

So, here is a peek at my latest house crush.


I know, right? This house has it all! An extra wide lot - in the city - beautiful old architecture - so close to our gym and the kids' school...but the best part as I see it is that the inside hasn't been touched since the 70's! It has been a dream of mine for like, decades, to remodel or just plain build a house, the house of my dreams. Here is what I'm thinking about all the time now - just look at the kitchen.

Before (for reals)...

After...


How about the bathroom...

Before (gasp)...


After...

I'm sure I have no chance at this house. We'd have to sell our house first (which isn't even for sale) to cover the 20% down (and plus, who wants to get stuck with two house payments right now?). We really have a wonderful house as it is! It's just not in a part of town that makes sense for us (i.e., driving all over town everyday). It was pretty sweet though to go through the Open House last weekend - as I started to go up the stairs my daughter met me at the top and said, "Mommy, come see! We already picked out our rooms! This will be the playroom..."


I know the carpet is cool and all, but I was thinking something more like...


What? A dreamer can dream! It's what we do!

P.S. Less than an hour until my birthday! Hooray for getting older! : )


1 comment:

patience said...

Everyone needs a dream house I think! So enjoying your most lovely blog!